I have had many years’ experience of providing individual counselling and as a group facilitator, as well as training and delivering educational workshops and lectures. In my last employment I also represented the counselling department in the organisation’s clinical and integrated governance meetings. Having mentored and supported students in their university placements, I was motivated to begin training as a counselling supervisor with CSTD. I am currently providing supervision to Counselling students in placement within a residential rehabilitation centre for addiction in Weston- Super- Mare.
Throughout my career I have worked with a diverse range of clients, many with complex needs. Being an Accredited Member of the BACP I subscribe to their ethical framework and code of practice.
I am dedicated to continuing my personal and professional development and my qualifications and vocational training are as follows:
- 1997 Certificate in Counselling Skills – CSCT
- 1998 Certificate in Counselling Theory – CSCT
- 2001 Cruse Bereavement Training – Cruse Bereavement Care
- 2002 Higher National Diploma in Counselling – BTEC
- 2004 Certificate in ‘Delivering Learning’ – City and Guilds
- 2011 Certificate in Group work Skills – CHPC Training
- 2014 Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy – CHPC Training
- Currently studying – Diploma in Supervision – CSTD
- 2013 ‘Gestalt Therapy with Personality Disorders’ Dr Elinor Greenberg PhD, CGP
- 2014 ‘The Therapist is Present: Relational Artistry’ Dr Rich Hycner PhD
- 2015 ‘Mindfulness Based Stress Relief’ – Miranda Bevis, Somerset Mindfulness
Addictions, Eating disorders, Obsessions, OCD, Self-harm, Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loss, Trauma, Personal development, Health related issues, Identity issues, Men’s issues, Self-esteem, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Childhood trauma, Anger work, Redundancy, Stress and stress related health issues.